[mod_python] supporting modular mod_python extensions vs."folding" mod_psp

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Sun Jun 8 14:13:27 EST 2003

I do all of my templating using my ezt.py module. It has no algorithmic
constructs in it at all. It simply renders data that the Python app has
provided to it. It has simple iteration and simple control flow, but no
variable assignment, method invocation, etc. In fact, it really only has
about six basic directives. I've used it with success in ViewCVS, edna,
SubWiki, and some internal apps at the ASF and at home.

I think the latest version of it is part of the SubWiki project, so you can
fetch it right out of the SVN repository:

  http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/subwiki/trunk/lib/ezt.py

I find the module makes for a nice separation between logic and rendering.

Yes, this is a bit of advocacy :-), but I'm not asking for any change. Just
pointing out a module that I think can help people...

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/