[mod_python] supporting modular mod_python extensions vs. "folding" mod_psp

emf i at mindlace.net
Sat Jun 7 11:46:51 EST 2003

--On 7 Saturday, June 2003 13:27 +1000 Dave Cole
<djc at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

> That is true.  If you restrict yourself to Python and HTML you are
> forced to do something like this:
>
> for name in keys:
>     print '<tr>'
>     print '  <td>%s</td>' % name
>     print '  <td>%s</td>' % environ[name]
>     print '<tr>'

That's certainly not the only other possible approach. I think PyMeld
is the beginning of a better solution. It gives an example almost
exactly like the one above at <http://www.entrian.com/PyMeld/>

My only problem with it is its repitition of id tags in successive
nodes, but that's fixable - the important part, the very pythonic
object model it gives you for the nodes of the page you care about- is
there.

This is obviously not a state solution or any of the rest of the things
Albatross helps you with.

~mindlace               GPG Key: http://mindlace.net/public_key
http://mindlace.net                          Enough is a feast.