[mod_python] supporting modular mod_python extensions vs. "folding" mod_psp

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sat Jun 7 14:05:58 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 21:51, Michael C. Neel wrote:
> I'll take a moment in this thread to plug Albatross
> (http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/) as the "killer"
> template system for python, or at least a strong contender. It doesn't look like PHP, it's far from any perl package; it solves the
> template/state problem in a very python way.

I don't want to turn this into an Albatross advocacy session but I
couldn't agree with the above. Albatross is extremely simple to use but
remarkably powerful.

I've spent a while looking through a number of the available frameworks.
They are all pretty good but, to me, Albatross stood out.

> Documentation is there, but it's currently getting a rewrite for clarity (which most agree it
> needs).

I would just like to mention that the Albatross documentation is already
remarkably good, especially for an open source product where the docs
often lag the code (not that commercial docs are any better!). I got a
really good idea about what Albatross could do just by spending an
evening reading. The new docs look even better.

Anyway, enough advocacy.

Cheers, Matt