[mod_python] Problem with win32 installation - can't authenticate

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Jul 10 19:50:38 EST 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Jacob Martinson wrote:

> I am prompted for username/password, but I can't authenticate
> successfully.  Also, if I ignore req.user and password and just return
> apache.OK, it allows me to access the file I am requesting.

When you say "can't authenticate" - does the browser come back with the
user/password dialog, or some other thing?

I just tried your example, and it worked for me.... In the old versions of
apache you had to call to call get_basic_auth_pw() before trying to read
value of req.user, but that's not longer true I think. May be tried
swapping those two lines, but I think the problem is elsewhere.

Grisha