[mod_python] Apache with mod_python won't start!

Terrall,Tom terrall at oclc.org
Wed Jan 29 14:21:39 EST 2003

I have modified httpd.conf for an attempt to run a test of
apache+mod_python. When httpd needs to read htttpd.conf this error results.

======>
[root at deimos init.d]# ./httpd start
Syntax error on line 234 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache/mod_python.so: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup
=====>

Line 234 is : LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_python.so

 We are running python 2.2 and apache 2.0.40 and python 2.7.8-1 .

Additions to a working httpd.conf which cause the failure.

========>
"
"
Listen 8400
"
"
LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_python.so
"
"
        <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test>
            AddHandler python-program .py
            PythonHandler mptest
            AllowOverride FileInfo
            PythonDebug on
        </Directory>
"
"
NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8400
"
"
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8400>
   ServerName anaximenter.out.oclc.org
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test
</VirtualHost>
"
"
========>