[mod_python] mod_python and Python 2.3

Geert Jansen geertj at boskant.nl
Sat Jan 18 12:53:36 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:44:09PM -0800, Josh Hoyt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get mod_python working with python 2.3, and I've run into
> some problems related to module importing. For some reason, it fails to
> import the site module. The same setup works with Python 2.2, so I'm
> pretty sure that it has something to do with the Python version and not
> the configuration. Running with Python in verbose mode, the following
> shows up in the apache error log file:

This is a Python bug in Py_NewInterpreter() (or in some other place that
makes Py_NewInterpreter() fail). I sumbitted it to the Python developers
but I got no reply yet. The bug is described here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=668708&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Greetings,
Geert