[mod_python] Re: Query about client server interaction

thanos at 0x01.com thanos at 0x01.com
Fri Jan 17 09:58:09 EST 2003

Use a meta-refresh in the html header of you status page.

So your status page keeps loading itself until the work is ready.

thanos

ps: using pso would make your life easier.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pso/
http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=49265

Tim Parker (UK) writes:

> Hi,
>
> This is both a bit of understanding mod_python and also how CGI scripts in
> general work, basically I have a long running query which can take up to a
> minute or so to process, I want to return a page to the User immediately
> saying what it is doing, ideally I would like this page to get updated
> during the processing of the other operation.  And then when it has finished
> the process it loads the resulting page on the Client.
>
> I believe some of this is possible with server-push but this only works in
> Netscape as far as I can tell.  Also I can load a temporary page and have a
> refresh every few seconds which will check to see if the other process has
> finished, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a clever way to achieve
> this, ideally to have a dynamically updating page which checks the status of
> the process and when it has finished loads the final page.
>
> Thanks in advance for anyone who has any ideas on this.
> Cheers
> Tim.
>

> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and/or copyright
> material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies).  If you are not an
> intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete
> it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail.  In such a case, reading, reproducing,
> printing or further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Intec Telecom Systems P

LC. does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free
> from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any
> attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom
> Systems PLC.

thanos vassilakis
127 greene street
New York