[mod_python] Upgrade to mod_python 3.0.0 causes some handlers not to run.

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Sat Jan 11 21:56:00 EST 2003

I have program (current) that successfully uses the following
confirguration under apache 1.3.24 and mod_python 2.7.8 (redhat 7.2 or
7.3, basically) to have a TypeHandler, AccessHandler, and PythonHander
run on some get requests.

If I take this same configuration to httpd 2.0.40 and mod_python 3.0.0
(redhat 8.0) the python handler runs for the /XMLRPC requests, but
neither the TypeHandler or the AccessHandler is running for the
/XMLRPC/$RHN requests.

I'm assuming this a mod_python config issue, but some other 1.3-> 2.0
upgrade issue may have me here - my ignorance with apache 2.0 is nearly
complete.

Note that its the first block that works perfectly - all the  "/XMLRPC$"
are dealt with by the simple "handler()" function, and they seem to work
fine.

The "/XMLRPC/$RHN" hits _don't_ use the "handler()" function, but do
need to be run through the accesshandler() and the typehandler() (both,
for each request) but neither is running.

Suggestions?
Alias /XMLRPC/$RHN /local/linux/current/www

<Directory /local/linux/current/www>
    # Make certain this is set - current won't work without it
    Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Location ~ "/XMLRPC$">
    PythonPath "sys.path + ['/usr/share/current']"
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler current_apache
</Location>

<Location /XMLRPC/$RHN>
    PythonPath "sys.path + ['/usr/share/current']"
    PythonHandlerModule current_apache
</Location>

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department