[mod_python] Compiling mod_python on Win32

Victor Medina vmedina98 at unitec.edu.ve
Mon Jan 6 18:29:51 EST 2003

Hi guys!

I am still having problems with mod_python in windows. Hope not be
bothering too much, but I really want to have mod_python for Apache 2.
Please understand that compiling it myself is a must.

Ok, so this is what is happening, I am receiving to kinds of problems

PROBLEM #1
F:\IkiruxNXT-Source\mod_python-3.0.1\src\requestobject.c(1017) : error
C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
F:\IkiruxNXT-Source\mod_python-3.0.1\src\requestobject.c(1018) : error
C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
F:\IkiruxNXT-Source\mod_python-3.0.1\src\requestobject.c(1018) : error
C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal

The problem seems pretty obvious there is an illegal long long declaration,
but as far as I know I can use long long's in Win32, at least with the
Borland Builder compiler, this is the code fragment:

static PyObject *getreq_recmbr_off(requestobject *self, void *name)
{
     PyMemberDef *md = find_memberdef(request_rec_mbrs, name);
     char *addr = (char *)self->request_rec + md->offset;
     if (sizeof(apr_off_t) == sizeof(long long)) { <---- HERE!!!
	long long l = *(long long*)addr; <---- HERE!!!
	return PyLong_FromLongLong(l);
     }
     else {
	/* assume it's long */
	long l = *(long*)addr;
	return PyLong_FromLong(l);
     }
}

PROBLEM #2

I am receiving several link errors(well ok, not errors, just plain
warnings, I am concerned about the quantity of items), about inconsistent
linkage: inconsistent dll linkage.  dllexport assumed.

I am attaching the complete output log, hope not be abusing or breaking any
rules inside the list.

I am using Windows 2000 SP3, Visual Studio 6 SP5,  Python 2.2.2 (custom
built, not Python.org release, not Activestate's release) and Apache 2.0.43
(same here,  custom built). The include, lib, libs directory are in the
VC++ Path, thou not includes as part of the project.

Thanxs for your time an cooperation, I would really a appreciate any
comments or hints

Victor Medina
UNITEC
vmedina98 at unitec.edu.ve