[mod_python] Hello, this is my first post - Compiling mod_python on Windows

Victor Medina vmedina98 at unitec.edu.ve
Sat Jan 4 21:48:47 EST 2003

Hi everybody, have a happy new year!

My name is Victor Medina, I am from Venezuela. I am a c++, java, php and
python developer (I just like OOP =) ) and also a web developer and I also
have a open source project on SourceForge, it is named Ikirux.
Ikirux is an effort to build an easy to install completely integrated web
development environment based around the Apache 2 webserver and other open
source technology.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ikirux
Ikirux severs currently support:

Apache, webdav, php4, the latest openssl, zlib and mod deflate, tomcat,
mysql4, and i want perl and python support out of the box for the next
release, every thing under a nice, configurable and fast installer built
with the Inno Setup Compiler.

I am currently working on the next release of the Ikirux server. I want to
integrate the mod_python module into the next release, but i am having
problems getting it compiled on  my test machine. I am currently using
Visual Studio 6 SP5 and Cygwin tools on a Windows 2000 Server SP3. Checking
out the mod_python source I found a VC project for the Visual Studio .NET,
which I don't own right now. Anyway, I read the project file (it is a xml
file!) and try to build a VC++ 6 project out of the information on that
file. Compiling fails awfully. I also have a complete install of Python
2.2.2 that i built and the apache 2.0.43, complete; that is binary,
libraries and source tree.

Is it possible to built mod_python with VC++ 6?

How can I built it?

Thanx for the help

Victor Medina
UNITEC - Venezuela