[mod_python] Trouble installing mod_python

Michael S. Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Fri Dec 12 12:16:15 EST 2003

The default Makefile that configure creates is not quite right on OS X.

Assuming you've installed Fink and the python22 package (which is an
implicit prerequisite for mod_python on OS X), you'll need to run
configure like so:

env LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib/python2.2/config -lpython2.2" ./configure

Also note that even though you've already told mod_python the path to
python, you'll need to tell it again by prepending /sw/bin to the PATH
before executing Apache 2.0.

--Michael