[mod_python] IPC, db conn sharing, and other fine things

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Aug 28 14:22:59 EST 2003

Robert Sanderson wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>Mike Looijmans wrote:
>>

>>>I think there are some Python shared memory (across processes) libraries,
>>>they might be worth looking into. You could also write some caching code
>>>based on shared memory in C and package it into a .so library and load it
>>>into Python.
>>>

>>See the soon-to-be released mod_python 3.1 alpha for mod_python support
>>for shared memory.
>>That's a much easier route than trying to sort it all out yourself...
>>

>That's awesome news, David.  Any ideas when the code is likely to touch
>down?
>
>Rob

Guido is busy preparing it for release now, but remember that this will
be an alpha version, I don't know how long it will take to stabilize...
Still if you're planning on doing shared memory stuff it would make more
sense to help get 3.1 to a stable state than to write your own.
If you're interested in helping develop, join the
python-dev at httpd.apache.org mailing list.

David