[mod_python] Newbie question: setting all calls to a certain directory to beprocessed by a script

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 20:17:13 EST 2003

Simon Willison wrote:
> Ideally, I would like to
> set up a rule so that any requests for files that do NOT end in .jpg,
> .js, .gif or .css are handed off to the handle() function in the file of
> my choice. If that isn't possible, I'd like to set it up so that all
> requests within the directory in which my .htaccess file lives are
> handled by the one handle() function.

Well, I've worked out the second option. My .htaccess file now looks
like this:

SetHandler python-program
PythonHandler handler
PythonDebug On

This sends ALL requests to stuff within that directory to handler.py's
handler() function. I've drawn a blank on getting it not to do this with
images. I tried the following:

AddHandler default-handler .html .jpeg .jpg .gif .css .js
SetHandler python-program
PythonHandler handler
PythonDebug On

But this didn't work - presumably because the SetHandler over-rides the
AddHandler directive. I tried changing their order but didn't have any
luck there either.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Simon