[mod_python] PythonDebug and Traceback

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Tue Aug 26 16:36:19 EST 2003

Is there some way that you can have PythonDebug set to Off and still get
a traceback (I'm using 2.7.8 mod_python against python 2.2.2)?  The
reason I ask is I have a site where in the conf PythonDebug is
explicitly set to off, and when our database server decided to block the
web server, a client got a traceback error and then got the server 500
error page (as I expect).

The error raised was:

OperationalError: (1129, "Host 'xxx.xxx.com' is blocked because of many
connection errors.  Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'")

I've messed around with some test sites to try and get a traceback error
with PythonDebug Off, and haven't been able to get it - although I
haven't caused an OperationalError.  Needless to say people getting to
see traceback on a live site is unsettling, so if anyone has an idea how
this happened and what I can do to fix it let me know ;)

Mike