[mod_python] psyco + mod_python?

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Aug 21 07:34:55 EST 2003

Michael C. Neel wrote:

>Has anyone tried to use pysco (http://psyco.sourceforge.net/) with
>mod_python to speed up programs?  Is this something to try, or is it not
>safe to use under mod_python?
>
>Mike

Hi

I have tried it and it seemed to work without problems, but I did not
have a chance to profile it or verify that it was actually optimising
stuff properly.
I can imagine that it would be great particularly for optimising short
handlers and the modpython code itself.
It would be worth reporting your findings here if you do get it working
as I am sure others are interested.

David

PS For those who don't know psyco, it is definitely worth checking out,
does very intelligent JIT Python->assembly compilation based on type
analysis.
Look at the web page mentioned above for more info