[mod_python] MacOS X Install

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 19:41:27 EST 2003

Okay, has anyone gotten mod_python working under MacOS X recently?  In
particular, using 2.3 (to avoid the issue with python thinking it's
running in restricted mode)

I've patched libtool as per the readme.
Installed Apache 2.0.47, configured with --enable-so
Installed Jack Jensen's build of Python2.3
Fixed LONG_LONG to PY_LONG_LONG in the mod_python source
Compiled mod_python, installed it.

When I try to run apache from the command line, with
DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE defined or without, I get:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: dyld:
/usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_PyExc_AttributeError
_PyExc_IOError
_PyExc_IndexError
_PyExc_KeyError

Previously I tried the same thing without patching libtool and got:

Undefined symbols:
_PyInt_Type
_Py_OptimizeFlag
Trace/(something)

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk)
,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  telnet: nebmedes.o-r-g.org 7777