[mod_python] Trouble getting python to run on XP, Apache 2.0.45, Python 2.3, mod_python 3.0.3

Bar bar at chello.se
Sun Apr 20 17:58:18 EST 2003

Hello.
I have been trying to get mod_python to run on the configuration above and
it wont work. I have read in the maillinglist archives that you could try
to copy msvcr70.dll to your system32 directory and I have done so. Nothing
happens.

The error msg I get is "Cannot load c:/.../mod_python.so into server: The
specified module could not be found."

This sounds very much like the msvcr70.dll problem but it doesn't react
when I copy the file to system32. Is there some hidden (for other people,
obvious?) step that I have missed? I have also tried to sprinkle my system
with the .dll file, placing it in different directories.
Regards,
Daniel