[mod_python] Error: 200 OK ?

qwer qwer at quirxi.com
Tue Apr 15 21:40:36 EST 2003

Hello,

I just have installed apache (2.0.45), python (2.2.2), and ,mod_python (
3.0.3 ).

Then I have added following lines to apache configuration file httpd.conf:
<Directory "/home/www/cgi-bin">

    AllowOverride None
      Options None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
#   AddHandler python-program .py
#   PythonHandler qwer

      AddHandler python-program .py
      PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
      PythonDebug On
</Directory>

For testing purposes I added the little python script "test.py" to the
directory "home/www/cgi-bin" and called it with the URL
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.py/login".

Here is the script:

----- snip ----

from mod_python import apache
def login( req ):
	req.content_type = "text/html"
	req.send_http_header()
	req.write( "Hello World!" )
	return apache.OK

----- snip ----

But for me it seems that the mod_pyhton handler does not work propely because I
get following output:

Hello World!<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<title>200 OK</title>
</head><body>
<h1>OK</h1>
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
  qwer at jango and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
in the server error log.</p>
<hr />
<address>Apache/2.0.45 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.45 OpenSSL/0.9.7 mod_python/3.0.3
Python/2.2.2 Server at localhost Port 80</address>

It is strange that the title tag contains "200 OK" and the output of the
programm is given out together with an server error message.

Does anybody know what the problem could be ? Any help would be apreciated ....

Cheers

	Arno