[mod_python] Import Issues

VanL vlindberg at verio.net
Mon Apr 7 13:32:57 EST 2003

Michael C. Neel wrote:

>Sorry for the blank email, hit a bad key combo.
>
>Anyway, looks like there might be a path issue invloved, as I see both
>/usr/local/lib/python2.2 and /usr/local/lib/python2.2threadless below.
>Did you make a custom install of python for mod_python (not uncommon)?
>If so, which one is mod_python linked against?
>
>Mike

Both exist; mod_python is linked against the threadless install.  On a
side note, I built the threadless installation and mod python, however,
for some reason the /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages is the only
site-packages in the import path.  So, mod_python was built against the
threadless installation, and both the normal and threadless
installations exist, but the mod_python package is actually symlinked
into both /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages as well as
/usr/local/lib/python2.2threadless/site-packages.

Every other library (other than those in the standard lib) are located
in /usr/local/webmanager pylib.

VanL