[mod_python] Building mod_python installer for Windows

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Apr 2 11:53:03 EST 2003

To build the windows installer, you have to first compile mod_python.so
using MS VC++ (there is a project file in the src directory), then you
copy the mod_python.so to a UNIX server. The actual installer,
paradoxically, has to be build on UNIX, and it's as simple as cd-ing into
dist and running "make windist". It *does* require python 2.3 (but only
to build the installer, the actual mod_python.so can be build with any
version of Python above 2.2).

I have no idea if or how this would work on cygwin though.

Grisha