[mod_python] Installation problems - Unable to configure Apache 1.3.26

Dr . Unix Software Inc . gkrackow at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 17 13:32:22 EST 2002

Hi guys, I am new to the mod_python mailing list.

I have tried for more than 4 days to get the mod_python working with apache
1.3.26

I followed the Mod_python manual instructions, and had spent lots of times
looking in the mailing list for a clue.

This is what I have :

RedHat 7.2 (Enigma), Kernel 2.4.7-10
gcc 2.96
Python 2.2.1 compiled with no threads.
Apache 1.3.26
mod_python 2.7.8

Making mod_python was no problem. I have apache installed under
/usr/local/apache, so I used ./configure
with --with-apache and --with-python options.

I used make, and make static, as well as (root) make install and make
install_static. It made no difference, the Apache
recompilation failed with the same errors.