[mod_python] Mod_python and Sub-Interpreter segregation

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Fri Sep 13 17:40:42 EST 2002

I don't think this will work in apache2 either, based on my limited
experience.

Apache2 threaded still has separate processes (children) along with
threads.  You can either have a fixed number of processes, and let the
threads grow and shrink, or have a fixed number of threads per process
and add more processes as needed.

While this will help with resource pooling, you'll still need an outside
database to have a global variable.  Now with apache2's cgid (a process
to handle all cgi scripts since forking a 75 thread apache child would
be, um, bad) there might be something you can do there, but then that
means you app is a CGI and we don't use that word in 2002 anymore...

Mike

--
Michael C. Neel
There are only 10 types of people in the world;