[mod_python] Mod_Python 3 / Apache 2 / RedHat 7.3 / Python 2.2 = Seg fault :(

Jeff Davis list-mod_python at empires.org
Fri Sep 13 02:34:23 EST 2002

> Try running apache under gdb?  Something like this:
>
>   # gdb /usr/sbin/apache2
>   [blah blah]
>   gdb> run -X
>
> Then try to access a page.  Apache should stop in gdb, and it might
> tell you where the problem is.

I tried both gdb and valgrind and supplied the -X argument for each. When I
hit a page, all it said was "Segmentation Fault" (for valgrind, and gdb was
similar: "Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault."). GDB also
said "0x402611bb in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6" after the SIGSEGV, which
might be helpful.

Is there something I should be doing differently? I am not really good with
debuggers.

Valgrind also produced a couple mutex errors for my apache2 even without
(however apache2 seems to function just fine for static pages & cgi).

Regards,
	Jeff