[mod_python] Segfault for me as well

Jeff Davis list-mod_python at empires.org
Fri Sep 13 01:36:58 EST 2002

I have the same segfault problem that someone else mentioned earlier. I am on
debian unstable, and have the current package for apache2 installed
(mpm-prefork), and I built it with:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2
make dso
make install

However, I had to set the variable "PYTHONBIN" in the Makefile, it wasn't set
up for me automatically. I think that is just a minor problem with the build
system on my platform. I couldn't find anything in the configure script to
suggest that it was trying to set that variable.

Anyway, after I did get it built it simply segfaulted every time that I
accessed the server.

I know a little C, so I will look into this a little. If I have time I will
try to deal with both of these issues (the build issue and the segfault).

By the way, is this list the proper development forum? I don't see a lot of
development discussion here.

Regards,
	Jeff