[mod_python] _apache.so? where are you!

Jack Diederich jack_diederich at email.com
Thu Sep 5 13:24:04 EST 2002

I was trying to run a test script from the command line...

I was trying to call the parse_qs() routine, but it seems to need _apache.so, which is never built. _apachemodule.c which defines init_apache() is compiled into the mod_python.so module.  I tried putting mod_python.so in site-packages renamed as _apache.so, but it failed because it needs some apache symbols.

Is it just not possible to use misc mod_python routines from the command line, or does it just need a patch?

thanks,

-jack