[mod_python] Lifecycle of mod_python instances

Antonio L Rodriguez antonio at memora.com
Thu Oct 31 17:04:30 EST 2002

Forgive me if this is more of an apache process question, but I
couldn't find it covered clearly in the docs.

When apache boots up (on *NIX) its starts a bunch of children
processes. Does each child have its own separate image of mod_python
execution space that is totally separate from the other images?

That is, if I define a global var to measure hit counts in a script and
then I see this var dance up and down as each of the child processes
handles the request, do I infer correctly that there are separate
python interpreters living inside of each child process?

If this is so, I'd be curious how people do global data structures in
this model, i.e. a database connection pool.

Thanks,

Antonio