[mod_python] Re: Redirects

vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 20 21:01:28 EST 2002

Got you. To be more precise, my little code example was "mod_python/2.7.8
over Apache/1.3.26" friendly.

So I guess you must be referring to mod_python/3 running on apache/2.
Looking foreword to it (sorry I haven't had much time to play with the beta
releases so far ... lazily waiting for the first stable release, I guess, to
migrate to the new generation). If I understand you correcly, no more 'fast
track' access to REQUEST internals (aka. 'XXX._req') :-(. I guess a little
'migration tips to mod_python/3' might become handy, then).

If I may add a coding style suggestion for the new version out of the blue,
it would be to replace all references to 'req' with 'REQUEST' (uppercase
full name). I learned this in Zope long ago, and it sticked with me: it's a
little more verbose, but so much more clean when you look at a source code,
especially true for newcomers. Good ideas deserve to be "borrowed".

Vio