[mod_python] strange behavior of mod-python

François Lepoutre francoislepoutre at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 18 14:55:23 EST 2002

>I will inform you to apache 2...

Thank you

>VI've found your mail of
>www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2001-September/001647.html
>that concern this problem. May I try to put "ThreadPerChild" to 1 instead
of
>2 to 50 ?

>I not clearly understood  the problem to doing that: the pb vanishes... and
>performance as well. (pb?)

Yes exactly!

>otherwise have you some example of code to protect  data under stress? I
>don't have any idea to do so.

I am no expert (IT by experience not education).
But python is so simple. I used the following kind
of code (no guarantee on details but you will
get the idea clear).

# at module level (global)
# add this
import threading
my_data_lock =  threading.RLock()

# every time you update your global variables

global my_data_lock
my_data_lock.acquire()

# update your stuff here
# while other thread wait ....