[mod_python] Webhost with mod_python?

Jeff Davis list-mod_python at empires.org
Wed Oct 2 14:36:40 EST 2002

> Dagur Páll Ammendrup <dagurp at heimsnet.is> writes:
> > Hi
> > Does anyone know of a webhost that offers mod_python and MySQL?
>
> I would like to know how it's possible to install mod_python in a shared
> web hosting when it's not possible to change the user id like suexec and
> there is not safe_mod like php...
>
> An other solution ?

In apache2 there will exist an MPM called "mpm_perchild" that spawns a
separate process for each virtualhost under the virtualhost's userid, and
then each request to that virtualhost spawns a thread. That is the ideal
solution. Unfortunately, it's not released in any kind of stable way yet.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis