[mod_python] Serving files efficiently

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Thu May 30 18:20:56 EST 2002

Hi

Looking at the previous thread on serving files got me thinking:

I'm also trying to serve a file (or part of a file) in response to an
xmlrpc query. Since URL filtering etc. is not an option in this case, is
there a way to tell apache to do a sendfile() or similar from
mod_python? I'm sure this would be more efficient that my current method
of (roughly) reading to a buffer and then sending the buffer with
req.write() and constructing my own headers.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Conrad
--
| Conrad Steenberg                        |