[mod_python] Please deinstall & rebuild << FIXED

Matt H matt at proweb.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 17:50:58 EST 2002

Predictably it was my own fault

Originally I installed from /usr/ports/www/mod_python

which lists python as a dependancy and then proceeds to build and install
it with threads

for the rebuild I hacked the Makefile for python and got it wrong

doh!

thanks to Bob & Lewis for taking the time to star tto help me

it was writing my reply that made me look again and find what I'd done

----

What I generally do is just compile an entirely separate version of
python, i.e. in /usr/local/apache/python .. I use threaded python for
everything else, so taking threads out globally isn't really an option
for me.

I'd be interested to know how to do that

I tried moving /usr/local/lib/python2.2 without success

It would be great if someone could add a faq or howto on having the two
seperate python's installed.

Dropping thread support kills py-curl for a start,
I either need both or re-write my stuff that relies on py-curl

I'm definately in love with mod_python