[mod_python] [Fwd: Defining classes using mod_python]

Luis Sousa llsousa at ualg.pt
Fri Mar 8 10:56:08 EST 2002

I know the problem is mine, so there's goes a simple example !

I have two files, one that I used to define a class and other one that
calls the class:
    - file that defines the class: pessoalWEB.py

                class MyClass:
                    def __init__ (self):
                        self.x = ''
                        self.y = ''

    - file that uses the class: callClassWEB.py

                import pessoal

                def testFunc():
                    MyClass = pessoal.MyClass()
                    saida = MyClass.x
                    saida = MyClass.y
                    if saida=='':
                        saida="NULL"

                    return saida

I call this file using
http://machinename/~llsousa/gpessoal/callClassWEB.py/testFunc in my browser.

The definition that I'm using on httpd.conf for this directory in apache is:

<Directory /home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
    PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal']"
</Directory>

The output that I will expect to return was NULL.
The problem is that in the browser, if I make Reload several times,
sometimes I get what I expect, other times I got this message:

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
193, in Dispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line
171, in handler
    result = apply(object, (), args)

  File "/home/llsousa/public_html/gpessoal/callClassWEB.py", line 6, in
testFunc
    saida = MyClass.x

AttributeError: MyClass instance has no attribute 'x'

I was suppose to work all the time. Using the same example in python,
everything went OK !.

What I'm I doing wrong ????

Thanks, Luis Sousa