[mod_python] md5 & MySQLdb

Matt H matt at proweb.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 13:03:54 EST 2002

> Hi, I can import MySQLdb fine, maybe you can add the path to the module in
sys.path

Thanks, knowing it was possible made me fix it.

and I've managed to fix them both
MySQLdb was in /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages
and
md5.so was in /usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload

so I added them to my PythonPath :

PythonPath "['/usr/local/lib/python2.2', '/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site
-packages', '/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload', '/www/python']"

and now they import just fine

shame the PythonPath doesn't do subdirectories!

> Btw in your function, you could also use a pipe instead of a temporary
> file.

y thanks. That light came on for me this morning. tbh I figured someone
would tell me how to import md5 and I could scrap the lot so quick and dirty
would do in order to do the proof of concept