[mod_python] Configuring Apache

Christoph Fritzsch christoph at cocon-seide.com
Wed Jul 31 17:51:45 EST 2002

Hi Peter,

I tried it with Suse 7.3 some time ago and found it only workable by

1) uncommenting all <Ifmodule python>  </if..>

#<IfDefine Python>
LoadModule python_module      /usr/lib/apache/mod_python.so
#</IfDefine>
#<IfDefine Python>
AddModule mod_python.c
#</IfDefine>

so the module is loaded for sure, as I couldnt get it to work with the Suse supplied
starting parameters

2) Then I put this in there

#Python
#<IfModule mod_python.c>
<Directory "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/test">
AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On
</Directory>
#</IfModule>

as you did it

and  I also had to put in a  link
/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mod_python
->/usr/lib/apache/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mod_python/

maybe you hv to replace the 2.1 to 2.2

reload apache and any file you call in the test directory will execute the mptest program

This is what the mod_python should do. That is as far as I got. I think next step is to
expand the mptest program so you can call subroutines in it which presumaly do more
usefull stuff than "Hello World!" !!

BR Christoph