[mod_python] Configuring Apache

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at gmx.net
Tue Jul 30 18:54:48 EST 2002

Hi,

I've got SuSE Linux 8.0, so there are probably the latest stable versions of
mod_python and Apache on my computer. Apache is installed with the
mod_python module (an appropriate message shows up, when the apache server ist
(re)started.)

However, since .py files are obviously not recognized as Python scripts I
have added the following lines to my httpd.conf file in the mime-types section:

    #
    # Python:
    #
    <IfModule mod_python.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-python .py
    AddHandler python-program .py
    #PythonHandler index
    </IfModule>

Now it comes:
When I remove the comment-character in front of the "PythonHandler"
statement, the Apache server gives me a "500 Server Misconfiguration Error".

Can anyone help me getting .py-scripts running on my Apache?

Cheers, Peter

--
Peter Bittner
mobil: +43/(0)650/4151545
mail: peter.bittner at gmx.net

"Free software is like free speech, not free beer" (Richard Stallman)

http://www.gmx.net