[mod_python]Problems with mptest.py (Windows)

Jirka Machotka jirka.machotka at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 5 12:18:05 EST 2002

Hello there,

I have probably a very basic question. However, I could not find
anything relevant (a searching machine would be fine)

I had had problems with running the mod_python for Apache 2.0.43.
Following the advice I had gotten the msvcr70.dll, put it to the
required directory and restarted the Apache. The Apache starts,
however, when I try to fetch mptest.py (it looks exactly as described
in the manual, the configuration file httpd has been modified
accordingly) I receive an error:

make_obcallback: could not import mod_python.apache

To my understanding the problem relates rather to Python (my version
is 2.2.1). The manual mentions that Python environment must be
recompiled, or what. I'm afraid that's not possible for me
(recompiled in what?) Or am I missing something inportant?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Jiri