[mod_python] encodings (codecs)

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Aug 19 08:37:44 EST 2002

This is just a theory:

If the .so file which provides this functionality was compiled against a
Python different than the one you're using for mod_python, there may be a
problem ("different" could mean that one has thread support and the other
does not, even though they are the same version). Especially on FreeBSD,
where as far as I know thread support implies using a whole different
libc. Try recompiling *and* reinstalling Python without threads and see if
it fixes the problem.

Grisha