[[email protected]: Re: [mod_python] Complicated GET configuration]

Ian Clelland ian at veryfresh.com
Fri Aug 16 14:37:22 EST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Ian Clelland <ian at veryfresh.com> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:24:39 -0700
From: Ian Clelland <ian at veryfresh.com>
To: Hunter Matthews <thm at duke.edu>
Cc: mod_python at mod_python.org
Subject: Re: [mod_python] Complicated GET configuration

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 05:05:28PM -0400, Hunter Matthews wrote:
> If anyone on the list has any ideas why the authz handler, which
> _looked_ like the handler I should use (using HTTP request headers to
> determine if a client was authorized to make this request), isn't
> working, I'd still appreciate knowing.

Is it possible that Apache doesn't call an Authz handler unless some
other conditions are present? From your sample configuration, I see
that you haven't set up any AuthType, AuthName, or AuthenHandler (not
even the standard mod_auth). Apache may have decided that there's no
way to get a username:password from the client, and so isn't running
the AuthzHandler.

Just a thought.. I'm running some quick tests here on your
configuration to see why it doesn't work (and it doesn't, even here). I
have had PythonAuthenHandlers and PythonAuthzHandlers working in the
past, though.

----- End forwarded message -----