[mod_python] Apache EAPI

Leonid Timochouk L.A.Timochouk at ukc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 03:16:54 EST 2001

Hello,

I have just compiled ModPython-2.7.6 for Apache-1.3.22 on Debian Linux
(version 2.2 enhanced with a lot of packages -- including Apache -- picked
from the upcoming 3.0 distribution). On loading ModPython DSO, the Apache
server warns about a possible crash if it was compiled without the -DEAPI
option. Passing this option to gcc in src/Makefile apparently solves the
issue. (It is actually used inside apxs, but apxs is used for linking of
the final DSO only, not for compiling the C sources). Should we install
this modification to src/Makefile? (This option would probably do no harm
in case of older Apache servers which do not support EAPI)?

Sincerely,
Leonid Timochouk
Computing Laboratory
University of Kent at Canterbury, England