[mod_python] problem with auto_reload in apache.py

Marc Fiuczynski marcf at becomm.com
Wed Mar 21 13:09:30 EST 2001

Hi,

apache.py seems to be having trouble reloading my python modules when I
update them.  This happens when apache is running with mod_python, and I
then change my python module.  It fails in several odd ways:

1) after I change my python module, mod_python will work every other time
that I use it via my browser.
2) after I change my python module, mod_python completely fails to reload
it.

In either case, if I send a HUP signal to the apache server, then everything
works just fine afterwards.

My configuration is as follows:
*	python module is being invoked via mod_python's publisher interface.
*	mod_python 2.7.2
*	python 2.0
*	apache 1.3.14
*	Red Hat Linux 7.0

I have apache configured with the following:
  AddHandler python-program .py
  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
  PythonDebug On
  PythonNoReload Off