[mod_python] Configuration problems.

Michael C. Urban murban at tznet.com
Thu Jun 28 21:31:58 EST 2001

Hi,

I just installed mod_python as a DSO, in Apache 1.3.20 under FreeBSD.
The install went fine, and the module seems to load. But when I try to
do the 2.4 Testing section in the manual and add the following lines
to httpd.conf as shown in the manual:

<Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug On
</Directory>

I get the following error when trying to start Apache:

Syntax error on line 371 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PythonHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike