[mod_python] Why not a Python 2.1 version ?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Jun 7 10:01:28 EST 2001

Brendan -

When you compiled Python, you should have seen a warning about threads.
Apache uses no threads, whereas most default Python installations do.
Unfortunately, on some systems this makes mod_python and Apache
incompatible.

The solution is to compile Python without threads and build mod_python
against that Python compilation using the --with-python argument to
configure.

Grisha