[mod_python] some issues

Joost Yervante Damad joost.damad at siemens.atea.be
Fri Feb 16 08:31:41 EST 2001

'Joost Yervante Damad' wrote about '[mod_python] some issues' - Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 03:07:34PM CET
> Hello,
>
> A friend of me discovered wierd bug in publisher :
>
> def tst(req, arg='none', test='none', longname='none'):
>         req._content_type_set = 0
>         return "Arguments are '%s', '%s' and '%s'" % (arg, test, longname)
>
> if we now do:
>
> https://r2d2.iplab.atea.be:8081/py/test.py/tst?arg=x&test=y&longname=z
>
> the result is:
>
> Arguments are '', '' and 'z'
>
> Aparently short names are not getting into the functions.
> Long names are. Or is this caused by name clashes?
>
> We tested this both with 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 on Solaris 2.6
> with apache 1.3.14 with SSL and mod_python statically linked.
>
> Another error I found:
>
> The handling of _content_type_set seems to be broken.
>
> publisher no longer functioned, bailin out at:
>
> if not req._content_type_set:
>
> giving an exeception stating that that variable was not found.
>
> Removing that part and setting the content_type to
> "text/html" is our current workaround.
>
> Any thoughts?

After careful examining we found that somehow 2.7.1 and 2.7.2
got mixed during our building, causing the _content_type_set
breakage. Sorry for that bad intel.

The other problem (short params) remains though.

--
Joost Damad - Siemens ICN D NC A - +3214252297