[mod_python] [RFC] mod_python embedded python module

Jason F. McBrayer jmcbray at carcosa.net
Wed Feb 7 14:19:28 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 08:59:53AM -0500, Brent Verner wrote:

>   Secondly, after looking into mod_python and mod_snake, I've
> decided that _I_ like mod_python (the base python/apache binding)
> much better than mod_snake. Now, I'm not a python programmer, but
> there's no better way to learn than to do, so last night I started
> hacking up a module/handler to handle documents having embedded
> HTML, the feature which drew me toward mod_snake at first.

You might also take a look at PMZ (Poor Man's Zope,
pmz.sourceforge.net), which already does this very well.  I did some
work to make it usable as a mod_python module, but I think the
original author has also done so in parallel.  In any case, it's not
too hard to do -- just get PMZ and work on wrapping it in a handler
function, redirecting IO appropriately.