[mod_python] Problems using Postgres 7.1 from mod_python

Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard jfk at informaticon.dk
Tue Aug 21 09:45:04 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm having problems using a Postgres 7.1 database under FreeBSD 4.3 from
Python 2.1.1/mod_python. I have tried using PyGreSQL. In the lastest port
version, PyGreSQL simply crashes Python when I import it. Then I tried
downgrading to Python 2.1. PyGreSQL now works from Python without mod_python,
but in mod_python, it crashes when it is imported! Any ideas?

PyGreSQL seems to be unstable. It may be better to use another interface but
it seems like the alternatives require threading, which doesn't wotk with
mod_python.

Regards,

Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard, Systemkonsulent (Systems Consultant)
Informaticon ApS * Web: www.informaticon.dk * Tlf: +45 8672 0093
Internet programmering * Systemudvikling på Linux, FreeBSD og PalmOS