[mod_python] mod_python VS threaded Python

Simon Vandemoortele delirious at atchoo.be
Wed Aug 15 13:54:28 EST 2001

When configuring mod_python (dso) I get the warning:
"""
****** WARNING ******
  Python is compiled with thread support. Apache 1.3 does not use threads.
"""
like everyone else ... except for the fact that my apache crashes when I
start it (segmentation fault). I've browsed the archive, read the mod_python
manual and decided to install a second, unthreaded python:
"./configure --with-python=/usr/share/doc/packages/python_nt" gives:

checking for --with-python... /usr/share/doc/packages/python_nt
checking for python... (cached) /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.0
checking whether Python is compiled with thread support... yes

In other words: the configure script uses my default python (the one with
threads) instead of /usr/share/doc/packages/python_nt/python .... This not
what I want !

Did I do something wrong ? How do I fix this ?

Thx, Simon