[mod_python] cookies/session management

Richard richard at ccpgames.com
Wed Apr 18 17:49:33 EST 2001

> Why don't you set          "IRWB_SESSIONID=%s;" to some
> "Expire" value. At scriptfoundry session ids are the ids to a
> session object. When this expires we flag the object to be expired.

Isn't that what I am doing with:
    r.headers_out["set-cookie:"] =
      "IRWB_SESSIONID=%s;"
      "Expires: Thu, 01-Jan-70 00:00:01 GMT;"
      "Cache-control: no-cache;"
      "Max-Age=0" % sessionID
?

Unfortunately, the core problem is that if they get a new session
cookie with the old one marked as expired, they build up a range of
cookies in the headers (at least until the browser gets closed I
guess).

> thanos
> PS: We have a modpython handler that adds a session object to req.

Can you elaborate on this?  It sounds interesting and relevant but
when it comes down to it, I have no idea what you mean :)

Thanks,
Richard.