[mod_python] Re: [PROBLEM] "python_handler: make_obcallback returned no obCallBack"

Russell Whitaker whitaker at isharp.com
Wed Sep 20 15:43:37 EST 2000

Hello Gregory!

Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Russell Whitaker wrote:
>
> > [Wed Sep 20 12:49:52 2000] [alert]
> > /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/.htaccess:
> > PythonDebug must be On or Off
>
> noted

Cool.

> > <Directory "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin">
> >     AllowOverride All
> >     Options ExecCGI
>
> You do not need CGI since mod_python has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Ah, that ExecCGI applies to the entire $SERVERROOT/cgi-bin/ for the
Apache
server.  It was there in httpd.conf for all the other guys in my shop
who
_don't_ yet do Python.  ;-)

It shouldn't have any adverse affect on the workings of mod_python, as
you point out.

> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> > </Directory>
> >
> > Insight, anyone?  I'm not sure if the contents of these archives
> > contain insight relevant to my problem:
>
> I have a feeling it is a permissions problem with the mod_python package
> that you were supposed to stick in yout python path. Check which userid
> Apache runs as and if that user can read those files.

Checked permissions, everything in in PATHONPATH is world readable, no
problem there.  However, you gave me the hint I needed.  See, this
is where mod_python installed:

/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python-2.5/lib/python/mod_python

...because (and I don't know why) I skipped (whoops) bullet point 2 in
section 1.) "Installing Python Libraries".  Symlinking that directory
as
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python fixed the problem.

Hello World!

Thanks,
Russell

--