[mod_python] Several questions

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Sep 7 13:58:28 EST 2000

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Damjan wrote:

> Hi, I don't have that much experience with mod_python, and have some
> questions:
>
> What should I do if I want a persistent python object? Can I make a
> persistent object to be shared between different apache processes (or
> not until Apache 2.0).

No. On windows you could since 1.3 runs mulithreaded, but on unix, I think
only 2.0 running in multthreaded mode would allow something like this.

> Or am I supposed to do this by using a database? Which database would
> have low latency, low memory footprint, low CPU usage, etc.. suitable
> for object store? MySQL?

I don't know how easy it is to store actual Python objects in a database -
I suppose you could is cPickle or something, but if you just want to store
information (i.e. text or numbers as opposed to objects) - MySQL is very
very fast.

Grisha