[mod_python] How can I easily terminate a apache task?

Daniel Plagge Daniel.Plagge at tu-clausthal.de
Fri Sep 1 10:57:13 EST 2000

Hello,

we have here a persistant database (Informix) connection for each apache
task. One problem is that if the database goes down, the connection has
to be reinitiallized. I tried to achieve this by writing a wrapper class
around the informixdb class which reinitializes the connection if a
exception raises.

But this led to some strange errors, so I want to try another approach:
I want to alter "cgihandler" so that when a database exceptions raises
the task should be terminated. (This shouldn't happen very often, so
it's not a performance killer.)

So my question is: What is the preferred way to terminate a apache task?

Thank you,
Daniel